Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Eve

We had a lovely last day of 2011. It started with sleeping in (7:30 is LATE for me). Then:

* Solo run (no stroller, no dogs...bliss!)
* A took a late morning nap. I flipped on the monitor for J, who was doing stuff around the house. And I accomplished so much - went to the fabric store to get stuff to make a square for a friend's baby shower quilt, plus a frame, pillow inserts, and other odds and ends I've needed for a while
* A still napping when I got home - so I took the dogs for a quick walk
* A still napping, so I trimmed the big row of ivy on our side yard. Felt so good to be productive.
* A woke up. Snack, reading, playing
* J watched A so I could go to the grocery store alone, which is one of life's little luxuries (funny the things that become luxuries when you become a mom). It was fun being at New Seasons, festive with everyone buying fancy cheese and champagne and treats for the night.
* Home, J started making dinner and A and I went for a walk around the neighborhood. I realized he hadn't been outside all day, so I wanted to get him out. He carried his little bowl of cheese cubes and we held hands and talked about Christmas lights and other things we saw. He is the sweetest boy in the world.

Then we got home and hung out in the kitchen while papa finished making "dish-liss" (delicious) linguine and clams.

No comments: