Loved the 3-day weekend! Beautiful weather here in Seattle. This is the time to be in the Northwest! Here are some of our weekend highlights --
* Fresh, local strawberries from the farmer's market. Bought a bunch of those and picked the rhubarb in our garden. Made a strawberry-rhubarb crisp for our 4th of July dessert. Mmm.
* Watched "Dan in Real Life", nice feel-good movie
* Did major yard work. Got a bunch of bark/mulch to make everything look "done". And noticed the cherry trees we planted last year have fruit on them!
* Re-stocked our bird seed supply with a trip to "Wild Birds Unlimited" -- John is a great tender of our local wildlife. Today he witnessed a sharp-shinned hawk come right down to our bird feeders and snatch a house sparrow innocently munching on the new food. Yikes. Nature in all its glory...
* Neighborhood bike ride with Queets. Took him a little while to get used to trotting alongside the bike (I thought I was going to wipe out/run him over a couple times), but once he got over the excitement of it he was good to go.
* Had a couple good runs down along the beach
* Dinner with friends at our favorite neighborhood pizza place -- huge slices, reminds me of the east coast.
Other than that, we're still trying to figure out whether we can/should sell our house in this blah market. We had a not-so-inspiring meeting with our realtor today.
And, we're looking forward to seeing Bobby when he moves to Portland later this month. Trying to plan a fun excursion with him (windsurfing in the Columbia River gorge is the leading contender right now) Can't wait!