Thursday, March 20, 2008

Grand Canyon IMAX

John and I saw the Grand Canyon Adventure IMAX film last night at the Pacific Science Center. It's really cool - definitely check it out when it hits your cities. It's in 3-D (makes for some awesome whitewater scenes!) The last time I saw a 3-D movie I think I was ten, and the technology has definitely improved.

The music is by Dave Matthews and it is narrated by Robert Redford. Along with the beautiful scenery and the experience of being "on" the river, there's the story of the Colorado and the water crisis facing the Southwest. It strikes a good balance and isn't too wonky or overbearing with info and depressing news. At the end they talk about good solutions for the river and the communities that depend on it.

It's my dream to float the Grand, and this makes me want to do it even more!

No comments: