Tuesday, May 26, 2009

We're having a boy!

Wow. We had our 20 wk ultrasound on Thursday and we decided to find out - just couldn't wait anymore. And it's a boy! So now we can't wait to meet little August (Auggie? Gus?) August was John's dad's middle name, and it's my birthday month, so there you have it.

Now we're thinking about middle names. Since August comes from John's dad's side, it might be cool for the middle name to come from my mom's side. Van Reed? Miller? Lots of cool family names to choose from.

We were a little freaked when we found out at the ultrasound that the baby has pyelectasis. The doctor was reassuring though, saying it's really common in boys and often clears up just fine. Still, it stinks to have our excitement clouded by this worry. I have an ultrasound in another month, to check on it. Let's hope and pray it's all fine and that our little guy is perfectly healthy and happy.

There is something to be said for "ignorance is bliss"...

I continue to feel great, and we had such a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. The weather here couldn't have been better. I did some gardening, but spent most of the time sitting on the back patio in the sun, sipping lemonade, reading my book. So relaxing and summery. I think I even have the beginnings of a tan.

And Joy called this morning, asking if I need a maternity bathing suit - yes! Our pool just opened, and while I have a bunch of bikinis, I think I'll spare the public my belly. Plus, it will be great to have the suit when I'm in NC in June - looking forward to a mini-trip to Wrightsville Beach.

Our summer is shaping up nicely. We'll be in Oregon a couple times - I'll tag along on some of John's work trips. And we're planning a trip to Montana in July. I also want to do a long weekend on the Olympic coast - it will be nostalgic because that was where John and I had our first weekend away together. So, kind of fitting to go back there before the baby comes :-)

Oh, and in addition to all of that, we're going to put our house on the market! As if we don't have enough going on...

2 comments:

myinfertilitywoes said...

YEA for August! What a great name with nice meaning behind it!

jhg said...

So exciting!!! So happy to hear about baby boy, August!!! Love the name and love that you are in such good spirits and feeling great. I can see a smile on your face while reading the post!!!