I love how all the estimates compare baby size to fruits -- apple seed, kumquat...Now at 16 weeks it's the size of an avocado. We have our next midwife appointment tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully John will get to hear the heartbeat, since he wasn't at the first appt where I got to hear it.
Also happening now (Baby) -
* starting to grow toenails
* patterning of the scalp has begun
* starting to move? I'm waiting to feel it! Maybe next week...
* Feeling GREAT - the tiredness and queasiness of the first trimester are gone! I have tons of energy, I'm going for runs and doing fun prenatal workouts. And, I no longer need to sleep 12-13 hours a night, which frees up quite a bit of time for other things.
* Excited about the bargains I've found on maternity clothes (Gap jeans for $6!) and the free clothes from friends.
* Enjoying "looking" pregnant - random people and neighbors have been commenting
* Stressing out about whether we can sell our house, childcare come January, and the cost of everything. But, trying to keep it all in perspective. All in all, life is good.
...and, Elizabeth arrives on Thurs night for her b-day weekend in Seattle!