Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!



We're having a true white Christmas here in Seattle. There has been snow on the ground for over ten days and it's snowing again as I type this.

Even though our family is all spread out this Christmas, John and I are keeping the family traditions going. We have the King's College Choir, the Nutcracker, and the Johnny Mathis CDs on a continuing loop. On Christmas Eve I made winter cookies (recipe by my great grandmother) and John made his family's traditional xmas eve treats -- bbq meatballs, clam dip and pasties. He is making Muscovy duck w/ blueberry sauce for dinner tonight. Yum!

My mom sent a couple of old childhood ornaments for our tree, and we were happy to see "the Pauls" and "the Rainies" make an appearance on my parents' dining room table (a very important Christmas tradition)



I took Queets for a run this morning when it was still dark and it was fun seeing all the neighborhood lights. John and I opened stockings and presents and we've been cozy and snuggled up all day (he is battling a cold).

We feel so lucky and blessed for everything we have, our wonderful family and friends.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: