Want to polish your silver jewelry but don't want to use toxic silver polish? (I had this issue this morning-- our silver polish warns that one of the ingredients is cancer-causing)
Try this great natural solution --
1) Turn the tea kettle on to boil a little bit of water
2) Line a small bowl with aluminum foil
3) In the foil-lined bowl, add a heaping teaspoon of baking soda and a heaping teaspoon of salt (I added a little bit more of each for good measure)
4) Put your jewelry in the bowl
5) Pour in the boiling water.
It will fizz and kind of smell like sulfur, and your jewelry will be sparkling! Pour the water into the sink (careful not to dump your earrings, etc) and put the jewelry on a towel to dry.