Saturday, August 9, 2008

Home sweet home

I got home from DC late last night. It was a great trip all around -- good work-wise (lots of meetings, fun seeing everyone in the office, happy hours, and got lots of stuff done), I spent lots of quality time with Joy (who is looking fabulous at 5ish months pregnant!), and even got to kayak on the Potomac after work one day.

On Thurs morning I went for a run from Joy's house in Columbia Heights to my old house in Adams Morgan. It was fun to see the old neighborhood and reminisce about living there ten (ten!?) years ago.

Joy, Cheryl and I had a great dinner one night at a thai place on U street. Really fun to catch up. The conversations we were having about The Future (babies, etc, etc) reminded me of conversations we'd have the summer before college. Thinking about the great unknown and excited about everything to come.

It's great to be home - I missed John and Queets! We're having a very mellow, relaxing weekend. I love that the Olympics are on - can't wait for swimming and gymnastics!

No comments: